Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Portfolio Semester 6

Development Economics (QSB 4223)

Lecturer: Mr Ho June Khai 
                  Miss Dianne Kok Hui Wen

Objectives:
1) This subject allows me to appreciate the contribution of the construction industry to the growth of a nation's economy.
2) This subject allows me to understand the basic principles of economics and its link to the real world of construction.
3) This subject allows me to develop an understanding of the whole process of property development.
4)  This subject allows me to enhance the understanding of the contribution of feasibility study in property development.
5)  This subject allows me to understand the overall mechanism of the finance system in the construction industry.

Learning Outcomes:
Through the study of this subject,
1) I am able to recognise and recall the contribution of the construction industry to a nation's growth economy.
2) I am able to calculate the developer's budget (i.e. total development cost and gross development value) during the initial development process. 
3) I am able to execute the Cost-benefit Analysis in the early stage of investment proposal.
4) I am able to execute the valuation system to help on decision making during the feasibility stage.
5) I am able to classify various source of finance available in the construction industry.
6) I am able to outline the requirement in a quality market research.

Module Syllabus:





Assignment:

Objectives:

1) To learn how to conduct an analysis for a proposed development project.
2) To learn how to prepare a financial appraisal of a project using the Residue Method of Valuation.
3) To learn how to calculate cash flow.
4) To learn how to comment on the viability of a project.

Learning Outcomes:

Through this assignment,
1) I am able to learn the method to conduct an analysis for a proposed development project.
2) I am able to prepare a financial appraisal of a project using the Residue Method of Valuation.
3) I am able to calculate cash flow.
4) I am able to comment on the viability of a project. 

Assignment Brief

 
 

Mid-Term Test

Objectives:
1) To learn the knowledge of property development and development process.
2) To enable us to understand and investigate the topic taught by lecturer.

Learning Outcomes:
1) I will deeply understand the topic that had been taught by lecturer.
2) will master the topic that had been taught by lecturer.
3) will deeply understand the knowledge of property development and development process.

No comments:

Post a Comment